Life Happens..

My last post was almost 2 months ago.. its scary how caught one can get with everyday stuff and forget to think about what's really happening.. As they say, life happens and boy, how one learns from it.
My birthday happened.. I truly believe a person's birthday is a wonderful day for them. Its their day - not just 'cos its 14th Feb or Red Rose day or they happen to be someone's mother/ father/ brother/ sister/ friend/ best friend.. plus unlike anniversaries, its all about that one person. So I felt great getting presents and calls and smses and generally being treated like something special - hell, this happens about once a year, if I want to be smug, I will! As always, there were people who called earlier (I swear its your birthday today.. No, its tomorrow. I would know the date, you know) and the people who called late (I'm so sorry, I was ill/ working/ studying.. Its ok. At least you remembered that you forgot). And of course the people who didn't call at all. What can I say? I was hurt. I didn't think a single call/ sms/ mail/ orkut scrap was that difficult.. Oh well, cover the hurt with platitudes - it's ok, hota hai.. and move on.
Lesson - stop hoping for some things to be back to normal..
A trip back home happened.. Combining business with pleasure, I was home for about 4 days.. Boy, was it wonderful, it was so easy to slip back into the old routine - cursing traffic, searching for anonymous buildings in haphazardly-planned areas, meeting the family again, chatting with old friends at ridiculous hours, shopping for bargains in Lajpat Nagar and shanni bazaar. Leaving was a wrench.. Ah well, going back for Diwali..
Lesson - Nothing beats home
4 movies in 2 days happened. Squeezed in Pyar Ke Side Effects (decent movie but hugely borrowed from every English film made about committment-phobic men), Woh Lamhe (god story, bad execution but Shiney is yum!) on Saturday and watched Devil Wears Prada (Meryl Streep is brilliant but if she was ever my boss-I'd quit) and Khosla ka Ghosla (Over-hyped but brings back very Dilli memories).
Lesson - Movies are expensive to watch anywhere but in Ghaziabad.
Lots of work happened.. piled up, hectic, slow and then frenetic, racing for deadlines, gym forgotten, mental exhaustion and aching eyes from staring at scores of numbers. Honeymoon period over, I'm on the job where there is never a day which goes perfectly. My boss is adorable and so far, everyone is being very patient with my (extremely) stupid questions and queries. But obviously, this will not last.
Lesson - Desk job means I can wear heels again.

Comments

Popular Posts