Procrastination

The most amazing thing happened today. I woke up early. I don't mean 10 minutes early so I can procrastinate a little longer about getting out of bed.  I don't mean 5 minutes early so I can gaze at my daughter's face. I woke up 40 minutes early. 40 minutes. And while not completely refreshed (come on, I have a toddler!), I felt rested enough to not want to nap a little. 
What did I do with that extra time? Well, Facebook (obviously!) and I contemplated chores. Contemplated washing my hair since I'm awake early, thought about starting a washing machine load, ruminated on the clothes I should take out to wear (for baby and myself). I did quite a bunch of brainwork. No actual work, of course. All this was accomplished while cuddled under my quilt and next to my daughter. 
And I wrote this blog post. 
I should really have taken that nap. 

Comments

Popular Posts