Eid and the Lockdown


Where did May go? The month seems to have disappeared and I have yet to write a post! April chugged along well enough. I cooked, I played with the kids at home, I kept house and I blogged about the books I've read. But this month seemed to both take forever and quickly vanish down the drain. I think maybe I just got so wrapped in the children's' online classes that I couldn't bring myself to post about my life. It's not that I didn't read - as if that ever happens! It's just that I didn't feel like talking about or writing about what I did read. I also watched a lot more content. I made massive inroads into my to-be-watched list alone and the husband and I also managed to devour 2 seasons of The Handmaid's Tale together.
But the books.. ah! I read some beauties this month. I discovered the talents of Judith Tarr who took me to one of favorite historical eras - Ancient Egypt. I also re-discovered the engaging Sidney Sheldon. I also dipped in and out of my usual stash of romances both historical as well as contemporary while starting a new author Sue Watson. I have so much to write about but so little time and inclination. The lockdown is sapping not just my energy but also my usual joie de vivre.
Let's hope I can be a little more prolific in my writing as we headed in our third month of lockdown. 

Comments

Popular Posts