The forgotten one

 


The mystery deepened as I started on The Woman in Cabin 10 - I was certain I had not read the book despite my Good Reads account telling me otherwise. But the atmosphere, plot and first person descriptions were vaguely familiar. I don't know if the author meant to do an Agatha Christie but like the movie Knives Out!, the setting of this novel will be achingly familiar to any fan. The luxury cruise, the numbered cabins, the very rich guests and a woman who nobody believes exists. All that was missing was a dapper Belgian detective with a soft spot for pretty women! Of course, the resemblance of the story to the Queen of Crime's finest meant that as the reader you believe in the disappearing woman in Cabin 10 and you will probably solve the mystery too. But it doesn't take away from the enjoyable read that this book is and your yearning for a happy ending.
I was glad enough that I hadn't read this book because it was a good read and only whetted my appetite for more from Ms. Ware. Perhaps, I will even go back to the first of her books that I read that I did not like - In a Dark Dark Wood. 

Comments

Popular Posts