Yeh number maujood..

I applied for a corporate connection a 10 days ago and after a lot of bullying and shouting and threatening, our connections finally started working last week. But the few days I spent without a mobile connection seemed the worst of my life.. and I started wondering, considering how much time we spend on the phone, do we really connect with anyone we talk to?
As part of my sales shadow stint, I've seen colleagues spend a good chunk of time travelling and talking on their phone.. arguing, joking, commiserating, losing their tempers and, thanks to the police, paying out fines for their trouble. And I can't seem to resist messaging when I have time and calling for something which could have easily waited.. So when I come across this line from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, it clicks instantly - "Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating".
That also reminds me that I haven't seen any movie since Superman Returns.. and Pirates is in theatres right now.. Excuse me, I need to call and friend to fix a plan for watching it..

Comments

Popular Posts