The funny book


A shift in books now with a funny romance romp by a writer who I've read before but cannot for the life of me remember when.
I'm not a big fan of chick-lit (as it is disdainfully categorized). If I want romances, I head to 17th century England where dukes and ladies frolic. Modern day love never does seem to cut it for me and most contemporary romances are full of sex scenes which I skip (mother of two ain't got no time for it IRL or in a book!), leaving me with only about 89-100 pages to read. 
Spotted in the famous second hand library in a Muscat mall, I figured that at 1 OMR, even with the sex scenes, this book is enough pages for me.  And I found the author's name familiar enough to give it a try. Bonus points for being a large print copy. 
The heroine is much in the style of Gone with the wind, ready for a comeuppance, but her knowing it makes her likeable as hell, blonde hair, long legs and all. You end up rooting for her despite knowing she was that awful bully from school you hated. Throw in teenage drama, revenge plots in small towns and a few (short!) sex scenes and this is a nifty read. 

Comments

Popular Posts