The yellow covered book

This book a long time to finish for many reasons the foremost of which was that the youngling liked sleeping with it. It's the yellow color. It reminded her of the yellow colored book back home that she slept with too. That was the How to Talk book and that was much better reading I have to say. 
Another reason was that I had just moved to a new country and was getting used to managing the entire house and housework on my own. 
But really. The book was awful. Really really bad and I usually finish any book I read.  The literary allusions of the protagonist was lost on me and I was not even remotely intrigued by the sexual shenanigans of everyone else. If I have to Google to figure out what the heroine's thesis is about and how that is a clue to what she's doing in the book, I would rather read her thesis. 
The premise of a merman is only mildly appealing to a mother of two girls and I think I prefer the Disney versions. 
A gift from a very close friend, it now adorns my bookshelf and has the distinction of the being the first hard copy I read in Oman. 

Comments

Popular Posts